Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11 Chiasmus Poem

Today in class we discussed chiasmus poems and created our own. This lesson was based on Cameron Moll's piece: The Fallen Will Forever Stand. If you missed class, take a peak at the two examples of chiasmus poems, as well as the handouts and make one yourself!

The Fallen Will Forever Stand
by Cameron Moll



 Ms. Olsen's Chiasmus Poem

My Running Shoes
Shoes running, (running & shoes)
As explosions fill the air. (exploding)
My mind is telling me to go, and I do, safely, (motion)
But months later people are still hurting, (pain)
and though I am lucky, (what I am)
I haven't been able to run since. (central theme)
Still, though I am scared, (what I am)
This is a part of the healing. (pain)
I can't stop just because they tried to make me, (motion)
My adrenaline explodes as I grab (exploding)
My running shoes. (running & shoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment